Saturday, August 12, 2017

Weekly Round Up: The Bride of the Water God





Quick recap: Ha Baek has the stones to become the King of the Gods, but he’s having second thoughts because of So Ah. Mura tells So Ah why her family had become servants to the Gods and how this connects to Ha Baek. So Ah begins to tell Ha Baek to go back to where he belongs and he does. Meanwhile, Mura tells Hu Ye to marry So Ah and the break ties with the Gods. Hu Ye becomes So Ah’s knight in armor, but it’s too later because Ha Baek has come back.




Why does it feel like when I talk about this drama I feel like nothing significant every happens? I know things happen but it just doesn’t feel like anything was important to more the plot or characters to matter. The writing seems to be all over the place, but I do believe there is some good stuff from the drama. I just wished the good was more than the bad.



Ha Baek’s curse is important to his character and why he keeps himself detached from love. I felt it a disservice to his character to wait at the last minute to show us his tragic past.  Of course, knowing Ha Baek’s curse also allows us insight on how the servants of the Gods was created too. Again, these should have been included near the beginning of the drama not towards the end. It just feels out of place these plot points.       



I like the OTP, but I just don't feel the emotions I'm suppose too. I knew they like each other, but I could go either way. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they didn't get to together. It's a shame because I don't dishate them, but I also just aren't feeling the feelings for an OTP either.   




I’ll be honest the most interesting character of the whole drama is Hu Ye. He’s more complicated since he’s a demigod. He’s not a god but he not human. I’ve got a case of SLS with him because I want him to find someone to love him. He seems to want to know what it feels like to be wanted but also loved. He’s considered a monster among the Gods and the Humans will too. Lim Ju Hwan is knocking it out of the park. I can’t wait for him to take on a bigger role as the male lead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment