Thursday, May 8, 2014

You Are All Surrounded episode 1: Oh! My God



On this episode:
We take a ride on the wide side of being a cop, than take a Wayne’s World flashback to the past in this set up episode.





I saw one trailer for this drama and wasn’t sure about wanting to watch. It all came down to Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won as my reasons. I just hope I’m not wrong in my choice. The actors were the reason I watched Marry Him If You Dare and look how that turned out. I went into this episode with a grain of salt and color me shock at how much I enjoyed the first episode. 

I think it is a safe bet to say Dae Gu is Ji Yong. A wink wink to the audience to make the connection since he looks surprised when he hears Soo Sun name when meeting each other.  Dae Gu has been thinking Pan Seok has something to do with his mother’s murder. Don’t get me wrong, he isn’t wrong to first think along the lines. He has no reasons to not believe his isn’t involved.

I get the feeling Dae Gu is going to learn Pan Seok was just a eager pup 11 years ago. He wanted to make a big slash but it back fired on Pan Seok. I am looking forward to seeing these two go at each other in a battle of wits or fists. A bromance made in Heaven. 


Pan Seok must have some guilt over the whole case. I bet this is the case he hasn’t been able to solve. I wonder how much of this case has caused his personal life to down a back seat. I don’t think he has any part of Ji Yong’s mother’s murder. Someone around him has to be a dirty cop. Time will tell. 


I have to agree with some of the comments about Soo Sun. Her character wasn’t necessarily needed in young Ji Yong’s past. I was surprised Soo Sun wasn’t young Ji Yong’s first love whom was brutally torn from each other. Which probably was why I didn’t mind her being connected to Ji Yong? I wonder how Soo Sun went from wanting to be a Star to a Cop. It will be fun to see how our misfit Soo Sun became the adult she is today. 


I am a sucker for cop shows and I look forward to these rookies getting into all types of trouble. I am on board for the ride this drama will hand out. Fingers crossed it continues down this entertaining and amusing ride. 



The Sum Up:
“Go ahead, make my day" Dirty Harry


*** Be on the lookout for more talk about You Are All Surrounded at Dramafever's Drama Club. I will be one of three others who will be talking more about this Drama. *** 




No comments:

Post a Comment