Friday, January 31, 2014

Video of the Day: Ga In

Got a new video from Ga In from Brown Eyed Girls titled Fxxk U.

The subject matter is really about sex, love, relationships, and abused. The over all meaning I got out of the song was guy wants to go to the next base where the girl doesn't want to fearing he will leave once he hits a home run. The idea a relationship isn't set on when or if the couple has sex is a pretty good message. Love isn't sex and sex isn't love. In this day in age, we tend to confused the two with each other.

The video on the other hand is just about a destructive couple. The video features  Joo Ji Hoon as the aggressive boyfriend. The two seem to have a love/hate relationship with him touch and pushing and her going along with some of his plans to pushing, spiting, and walking away from him. There are scene where you see the loving part of the couple but it is just a slip second and back to the sadistic relationship. I am guessing there is a meaning behind the blood and setting each other on fire but I just didn't see the meaning.

My first reaction after the video was ... WTF did I just watched? The song was pretty but the video confused the crap out of me. I wasn't sure what the heck Ji Hoon and Ga In were trying to tell me in their violent relationship. After finding out the lyrics and watching the video again, I am actually impressed with Ga In for talking about this type of relationship. Ji Hoon is pretty to look at in the video. I may not like his actions but I do enjoy the pretty.

If you haven't seen it already, check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment